Lately, many users have reported that the “Hey Google” hotword has been activating the Assistant on their smartphones and now, the feature is rolling out widely rolling out to all Android smartphones. Google is now notifying users about the new hotword via a notification.
In case the notification hasn’t hit you yet, here’s how you can activate the “Hey Google” hotword:
- Install the latest version of the Google app from APKMirror.
- Open Google Assistant and tap on the blue button in the top-right corner
- Toggle the 3-dot menu and tap on “Settings”
- Head over to “Devices” sub-menu and tap on “Phone”
- Turn “Ok Google” detection on if it isn’t already and select “Voice Model” followed by “Retrain voice model.”
- You’ll be asked to speak “Ok Google” and “Hey Google” alternatively twice which will help the Assistant learn your voice.
After these steps, you’ll be able to trigger the Assistant using either of the hotwords.
I hope you like it.
Thank you and stay connected my friends. 😊