The wait is over folks as India’s Reliance JioPhone will be accepting registrations from August 24. The phone was launched by Mukesh Ambani during the 40th Reliance Annual General Meeting which took place on July 21. It is important to mention that the trials for the phone will be beginning from August 15, 2017. It comes under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
This is an ‘effectively free’ mobile phone and something like this happening in India for the first time. All you need to pay is a security amount of Rs 1,500 which is refundable at the time you would return the devise.
“The telecom sector in India has been very adversely impacted during 2016-17 by competitive intensity on a scale never witnessed before in the country,” RCom had stated in a declaration.
Talking about phone’s features, the handset has 2.4-inch screen, 512 MB RAM and 4GB memory. The company is also offering unlimited voice calling and internet data at Rs 153 monthly. There is also a weekly plan for Rs 54, and a two-day plan of Rs 24.
After completing the registration bookings from August 24, the JioPhone will be available in September on first-come-first-serve basis.
Guide to register for your JioPhone
It is important to note that JioPhone can be ordered per device by one person.
Here’s how you can register yourself for the phone:
1) Visit company’s official website as Reliance Jio – https://www.jio.com/
2) There you see the button ‘Keep me posted’.. Click on that button.
3) A pop-up in the form of a registration form will appear.
4) Fill the form with details such as your name, email ID, phone number, postal code etc.
5) Then go to the submit button
6) You can also place the order using the ‘MyJio App’ in smartphones.
7) Plus, visiting a nearby Jio store is also an option.
The security taken at the time of registration will be refunded after three years upon returning the device.
Timeline of JioPhone launch
- JioPhone announced: July 21, 2017
- JioPhone testing: August 15, 2017
- JioPhone pre-booking: From August 24, 2017